Bavarian Christmas Express
Departs 26 November 2020 - 16 nights EXCLUSIVE
from $12,790* pp twin | $17,590* solo
Join this truly unique and festive journey by heritage train and river ship featuring Bavarian Christmas markets and storybook villages in November 2020.
Sit back, relax and let the romance of steam and river travel whisk you away to a bygone era. The very best way to experience the gems of Europe is by rail and on this yuletide adventure, you’ll journey aboard a variety of modern and heritage trains starting in London. A steam-hauled vintage train awaits in Frankfurt, taking you through the iridescent green valleys and rolling hills of Bavaria as you sip a glass of mulled wine – well, it wouldn’t be Christmas in Bavaria without it, right?
A stay in enchanting Nuremberg offers leisurely time to soak in the spellbinding charm of the city’s famous Christmas markets. Savour the aromas of gingerbread and roasted chestnuts while searching for handcrafted gifts. Steam then takes you through the mountains to the entrancing medieval city of Regensburg. On to Mainz and Cologne where you’ll arrive, literally, at the footsteps of the city’s famed cathedral.
A feature of your heritage rail journeys will be the German steam locomotives 52-8195 and 23-058 and electric locomotive E94-088 ‘Krokodil’ built in the 1940s and 1950s.
Your next destination Switzerland for a dreamy, week-long cruise aboard a luxurious Viking river ship along the Rhine River all the way to Amsterdam. The journey takes you to the brooding splendour of the Black Forest – the land of cuckoo clocks and decadent cakes – the beautiful, French wine country of Alsace, the turreted castles lining the Rhine and the graceful windmills of Holland.
Join this Christmas adventure unlike any other!
Departs 26 November 2020 - 16 nights
- Return economy class airfares including taxes from Sydney to London and from Amsterdam including all taxes and fees. Fares from other departure cities available on request
- 2 nights London accommodation at the Royal Horseguards Hotel (or similar) with breakfast daily
- Travel aboard express trains from London to Brussels and Frankfurt including a light meal
- 1 night Frankfurt accommodation at a 5-star hotel with dinner and breakfast
- Steam hauled heritage train from Frankfurt to Nuremberg including a light meal
- 3 nights Nuremberg accommodation at a 5-star hotel with dinner and breakfast daily
- Steam hauled heritage train return from Nuremberg to Regensberg and return including a light meal
- Optional express train tour return from Nuremberg to Salzburg including a light meal
- Steam hauled heritage train from Nuremberg to Mainz including a light meal
- Electric hauled heritage train from Mainz to Cologne
- 1 night Cologne accommodation at a 5-star hotel with dinner and breakfast
- Express train from Cologne to Basel
- 7 night Viking River cruise from Basel to Amsterdam including all onboard meals, taxes and gratuities
- Beer, wine & soft drinks with onboard lunch and dinner plus 24-hour specialty coffees, teas & bottled water
- One complimentary shore excursion in every port of call
- Free onboard Wi-Fi (connection speed may vary)
- Enrichment lectures and Destination Performances
- Private transfer from port to airport in Amsterdam
from $12,790* pp twin share
from $17,590* solo
Standard Stateroom (E, F) – no elevator access
- Stateroom size: 150 sq ft
- River-view stateroom with half-height picture window
from $13,490* pp twin share
from $18,990* solo
French Balcony Stateroom (D)
- Stateroom size: 135 sq ft
- River-view stateroom with floor-to-ceiling sliding glass door to create a French balcony
Call 1300 766 537 or complete the form below to enquire
Bavarian Christmas Express
*Subject to limited availability. Conditions apply. Valid for new bookings only, not combinable with any other offer. Fares may be withdrawn or varied, Cruise Express reserves the right to do so at any time. To be read in conjunction with the Booking Conditions Terms and Conditions available from Cruise Express which passengers will be bound by. A link to these terms and conditions is provided on this web page. Whilst all information is correct at the time of publication, offers are subject to change or withdrawal.