Big Country Express
6 July 2021 - 6 days NEW & EXCLUSIVE
from $2,590* pp twin | $3,190* solo
This tour sees us head west, both geographically and musically! We’ll travel from Sydney across the Blue Mountains to Western NSW taking in the unique sights this region has to offer. We’ll travel aboard the 1961-built heritage railmotor 621/721, overnighting in Orange, Parkes and Dubbo.
Join fellow travellers for lunch in Orange at the historic Hotel Canobolas, built by Tooheys in 1938. Marvel at ‘the Dish’ at Parkes, which was a prime receiving station for the Apollo 11 moon landing mission. Watch the landscape change as we head westt to the vast plains surrounding Nyngan, a rare destination for any passenger train.
A highlight of the trip will be our Country Music themed lunch. About 100km north of Dubbo, we’ll disembark the train at the Armatree Hotel for an exclusive lunch. Headline act is Adam Harvey, one of Australia’s premier most decorated country artists, with back-to-back No.1 Gold and Platinum-certified albums. You’ll be singing along in no time.
Accompanying Adam is ‘one of the most entertaining bands in Australia’ – Simply Bushed. They marry fine musicianship with well-crafted songs and a repertoire infused with wit, providing a unique and entertaining experience.
Plains, pubs and performances – come with us as we go Country!
Departs 6 July 2021 - 6 days
- Return daylight service from Sydney Terminal aboard heritage rail motor 621/721 including unlimited tea, coffee and water onboard
- Entry to the Bathurst Rail Museum
- Welcome dinner at the Lord Anson Hotel in Orange with beverages
- 1 night Orange accommodation at the Mercure Orange (or similar) with breakfast
- Lunch at the historic Hotel Canobolas in Orange
- Dinner at the historic Parkes Showground
- 1 night Parkes accommodation at local motels with breakfast
- Visit the CSIRO Parkes Radio Telescope
- Lunch at the Narromine Hotel
- 3 nights Dubbo accommodation at the Quest (or similar) with breakfast daily
- Day tour to Nyngan with buffet lunch at the Nyngan Bowling Club & Chinese Restaurant
- Complimentary game of barefoot bowls
- Entry to the Nyngan Museum and the Mid State Shearing Shed Museum
- Exclusive lunch at the Armatree Hotel with beverages
- Country music performances by Adam Harvey and Simply Bushed
- Exclusive dinner at Lazy River Estate with beverages
- Lunch at the Victoria Hotel in Bathurst
- Group coach transfers throughout
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Cruise Express Tour Managers
6 July 2021 - 6 days
from $2,590* pp twin
from $3,190* solo – Limited Space
Redeem your $25pp Discover NSW vouchers on this tour
(Terms and conditions apply – use by 30 June 2021)
Brochure & Itinerary
View and download
Find the answers here
Terms & Conditions