The Border Loop
Exclusive Heritage Rail & Sail - 12 September 2019
Welcome to The Border Loop our new five night adventure by rail and sea. This fully escorted journey by heritage train from Sydney to Brisbane and back by ship, is an exciting, spring escapade in September 2019, that you won’t find anywhere else.
From Sydney you’ll board your privately chartered rail motor 621/721 which will take you on a relaxing, three-day journey north to Brisbane. Built in 1962 to serve the Hunter region of NSW, the rail motor offers windows that open for fresh air and clear views of the passing countryside. Enjoy friendly service by the onboard staff and relax knowing your Cruise Express tour managers will be there to look after all the little details.
You’ll stop at the Rail Motor Society yard at Paterson where there will be time to stretch your legs and view the other rail motors in the collection. You’ll overnight in both Port Macquarie and Grafton enjoying dinner in both towns. You’ll also have time to explore on your own as you wish.
Your final day on the rails takes you into the Border Ranges and over the Border Loop – where the line spirals up around a mountain and back over itself into Queensland. A half-day and night in Brisbane provides plenty of time to explore from your centrally located hotel.
On day four you’ll board the Majestic Princess for a two-night cruise back south to Sydney. There’s time to enjoy the ship’s gourmet restaurants, dazzling shows and deluxe lounges and bars before we arrive back in Sydney, rejuvenated.
All you’ll need to do is enjoy this remarkable adventure, make new friends and have fun.
Departs 12 September 2019 - 6 days
- Daylight service from Sydney Terminal to Roma Street Station aboard the heritage rail motor 621/721 including select morning and afternoon teas, lunch and light refreshments
- 1 night Port Macquarie accommodation at the Rydges Hotel (or similar) with breakfast
- Dinner and drinks in Port Macquarie
- 1 night Grafton accommodation at the at a local motel with breakfast
- Dinner at the Crown Hotel Grafton with drinks
- 1 night Brisbane accommodation at the Royal on the Park (or similar) with breakfast
- 2 night voyage on Majestic Princess including all meals, entertainment and gratuities
- Welcome aboard function
- Group transfers in Wauchope, Grafton and Brisbane
- Professional Cruise Express Tour Managers
Staterooms & Suites
from: $1,790* pp twin share – On request
from: $2,290* solo – On request
- Approx. 14.6 to 15 sq m.
from: $1,890* pp twin share – On Request
from: $2,590* solo – On Request
- Approx. 19.8 to 20.6 sq. m., including balcony
from:$2,090* pp twin share – On Request
from: $2,990* solo – On Request
- Approximately 30 sq. m., including balcony
Stateroom images are representative of staterooms in that category and type. Some rooms in the same category may have different furniture configurations and/or facilities.