Federal City Express
18 March 2022 - 4 days LESS THAN 20 SEATS LEFT
from $1,490* pp twin | $1,690* solo
In March 2022 we’ll head for Canberra aboard the delightful 1920s Rail Motors CPH 1, 3 & 7. This will be the first time all three have visited Canberra at the same time and the first time ever for CPH 3. With windows that open you’ll enjoy a greater connection to the passing countryside as we roll through the Southern Highlands and Molonglo Gorge for three nights in Canberra.
There will be time to explore as you wish – the hotel is located close to CBD shops and galleries or perhaps take a leisurely walk around Lake Burley Griffin. We’ll include a short city orientation tour before setting off to visit some of the well-known sights such as the Australian War Memorial, National Gallery of Australia and National Portrait Gallery as well as taking in the spectacular views from Mount Ainslie.
We will also enjoy a tour and lunch at Old Parliament House and two included gourmet dinners at local wineries. Pialligo Estate’s Pavilion – one of Canberra’s top rated restaurants, has been designed to immerse you in the natural beauty of the region. This is casual, classic dining at its best – spacious, airy… and simply gorgeous.
Poachers Pantry and Wily Trout Vineyard straddle the northeast facing slopes of granite hills in the heart of the Murrumbateman region. Renowned for soft, peppery shiraz, elegant aromatic whites and world-class smoked meats, this will be a memorable evening.
No matter how many times you’ve been to Canberra, you’ve never seen it like this! Join us…
Departs 18 March 2022 - 4 days
- Daylight service from Broadmeadow, Gosford or Sydney Terminal to Canberra and return aboard the rail motors CPH 1, 3 & 7 including refreshments
- Lunch aboard your rail motors in both directions
- 3 nights Canberra accommodation at the Sebel Canberra Civic with breakfast daily
- Welcome drinks function
- Morning free to explore Canberra at leisure
- City orientation sightseeing tour
- Visit the Australian War Memorial
- Exclusive dinner with wine at Pialligo Estate
- Mount Ainslie Lookout
- Visit the National Gallery of Australia
- Visit the National Portrait Gallery
- Exclusive tour of the Museum of Australian Democracy and lunch at Old Parliament House
- Visit the Australian National Museum
- Exclusive dinner with wine at Poachers Pantry at Springrange
- Group coach transfers, sightseeing and meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Cruise Express Tour Managers
18 March 2022 - 4 days
from: $1,490* pp twin
from: $1,690* solo
Brochure & Itinerary
view and download
Find the answers here
Terms & Conditions