Federal City Express
16 September 2022 - 4 days SELLING FAST!
from $1,690* pp twin | $1,990* solo
In September 2022 we’ll head for Canberra aboard the delightful 1920s Rail Motors CPH 1, 3 & 7. This will be the first time all three have visited Canberra at the same time and the first time ever for CPH 3. With windows that open you’ll enjoy a greater connection to the passing countryside as we roll through the Southern Highlands and Molonglo Gorge for three nights in Canberra. Our visit to Canberra includes three nights at the most historic of Canberra’s hotels, the Hotel Kurrajong, which has been a local institution since 1926.
There will be time to explore as you wish. Take some time for shopping, visiting friends or perhaps take a leisurely stroll to Commonwealth Park to view the spectacular floral displays. After a short city orientation tour we’ll set off to visit some well-known sights such as the Australian War Memorial, National Gallery of Australia and National Portrait Gallery as well as taking in the spectacular views from Mount Ainslie. A highlight will be our chance to discover the history, stories and characters of our parliament with a tour and lunch at the Museum of Australian Democracy (MoAD – Old Parliament House).
We’ll have dinner at the Australian Academy of Science’s unique mid century ‘Shine Dome’ that has been a Canberra landmark since its construction in 1959. We’ll also dine at Poachers Pantry which straddles the northeast facing slopes of granite hills in the heart of the Murrumbateman region. Renowned for soft, peppery shiraz, elegant aromatic whites and a menu focusing on seasonal organic ingredients straight from the kitchen garden. This will be a memorable evening.
No matter how many times you’ve been to Canberra, you’ve never seen it like this! Join us…
16 September 2022 - 4 days
- Return daylight service from Broadmeadow, Gosford or Sydney Terminal to Canberra aboard the heritage railmotors CPH 1,3 & 7 including refreshments
- Lunch aboard the railmotors in both directions
- 3 nights Canberra accommodation at the Hotel Kurrajong with breakfast daily
- Welcome drinks function
- Free time to to explore, shop or visit the springtime floral displays
- City orientation tour with visit to Mount Ainslie Lookout
- Visit the Australian War Memorial with entry to the Last Post Ceremony
- Exclusive dinner at the mid-century Shine Dome with beverages
- Visit the National Gallery of Australia and the National Portrait Gallery
- Tour the Museum of Australian Democracy at Old Parliament House with an exclusive lunch
- Visit the National Museum of Australia
- Exclusive dinner at Pialligo Estate with beverages
- Group coach transfers throughout
- Meals as indicated in itinerary
- Cruise Express Tour Managers#
16 September 2022 - 4 days
from: $1,690* pp twin
from: $1,990* solo
Brochure & Itinerary
view and download
Find the answers here
Terms & Conditions
Enjoy Past Tours Here