Federal City Express
18 September 2020 - 4 days SELLING FAST!
from $1,390* pp twin | $1,590* solo
Welcome to springtime in Canberra!
With convenient departures from Maitland, Broadmeadow, Gosford or Sydney, we’ll head for Canberra aboard the delightful 1920s Rail Motors CPH 1, 3 & 7. This will be the first time all three have visited Canberra at the same time, and the first time ever for CPH 3. With windows that open you’ll enjoy a greater connection to the passing countryside as we roll through the Southern Highlands and Molonglo Gorge for three nights in Canberra.
On day one there will be time to explore as you wish and the hotel is located in the CBD, a short walk from the springtime gardens. We’ll include a short city orientation tour before setting off to visit some of the well known sites such as the Australian War Memorial, National Gallery of Australia and National Portrait Gallery as well as taking in the spectacular views from Mount Ainslie.
We will also enjoy a private tour and lunch at Old Parliament House and afternoon tea at the spectacular Tulip Top Gardens. Another highlight will be two included gourmet dinners at local wineries.
Contentious Character is a cool-climate winery, set in the hills of Wamboin, 30km east of Canberra. With distant views of the Snowy Mountains, you’ll settle down for an evening with spectacular food and wine.
Poachers Pantry and Wily Trout Vineyard straddles the northeast facing slopes of granite hills in the heart of the Murrumbateman region. Renowned for soft, peppery shiraz, elegant aromatic whites and world-class smoked meats, this will be another memorable evening.
Even if you’ve been to Canberra, you’ve never seen it like this! Join us.
Departs 18 September 2020 - 4 days
- Daylight service from Maitland, Broadmeadow, Gosford or Sydney Terminal to Canberra and return aboard the rail motors CPH 1, 3 & 7 including refreshments
- Lunch aboard your rail motors in both directions
- 3 nights Canberra accommodation at the Sebel Canberra Civic with breakfast daily
- Welcome drinks function at your hotel
- Half-day free to explore at leisure
- City orientation sightseeing tour
- Afternoon Tea at Tulip Top Gardens
- Visit the Australian War Memorial
- Exclusive dinner with wine at Contentious Character Winery at Wamboin
- Mount Ainslie Lookout
- Visit the National Gallery of Australia
- Visit the National Portrait Gallery
- Exclusive tour and lunch at the Museum of Australian Democracy at Old Parliament House
- Visit the Australian National Museum
- Exclusive dinner with wine at Poachers Pantry at Springrange
- Group coach transfers, sightseeing and meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Cruise Express Tour Managers