Icons of Africa
Icons of Africa – a land of contrasts, thundering waterfalls and staggering wildlife. Your journey begins in the Kruger National Park where you’ll spend three nights at the Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve. Nothing will ever prepare you for your first sightings – giraffe, zebra, impala, kudu, elephant, rhino, lions and leopards to name a few. Safaris will bring you closer than you ever thought possible to the animals while during the day you might choose to relax in the luxury of your lodge with a drink as elephants walk by and monkeys cheekily chatter overhead in the trees.
Zimbabwe beckons with two nights at the famed Victoria Falls. This vast wonder is yours to see, feel and explore before you head to wonderful Cape Town. A visit to the Victoria & Albert Waterfront is a must for any visitor before your adventure heads to sea aboard the beautiful ‘Azamara Journey’ for a ten-night voyage.
Explore Port Elizabeth and discover it’s storied history along the Donkin Heritage Trail – a 5km walk taking in 51 places of historical interest. In Richards Bay, travel to Hluhluwe-iMfolozi Park, home to the largest white rhino population on Earth. Durban provides many choices – will it be golden sand beaches or a tour of a traditional Zulu village? From East London, you can uncover the white-sand beaches and dunes of the Sunshine and Wild Coasts before returning to Cape Town.
The ship will be your hotel for two nights in port, allowing you to enjoy two days of exclusive Cruise Express touring including a full-day Cape Point tour, a morning Cape Town tour including Table Mountain and an afternoon winelands tour including lunch and wine tasting at Val du Charron. Delightful!
Embark on a thrilling holiday that is engaging, immersive and once-in-a-lifetime!
Departs 25 November 2020 - 18 nights
- Economy Class airfare from Sydney via Perth and Johannesburg to Skukuza and returning from Cape Town including all taxes and fees
- Coach or 4WD transfer from airport to hotel
- 3 nights Kruger National Park accommodation at the ‘& Beyond Kirkman’s Kamp’ (or similar) including all meals and select beverages
- Daily 4WD Game Drives (5 in total)
- Coach or 4WD transfer from hotel to airport
- One-way economy class airfare from Nelspruit to Livingstone including all taxes and fees
- Transfer from Zambia to Zimbabwe
- 2 nights Victoria Falls accommodation at the Victoria Falls Safari Club (or similar) with breakfast daily
- Victoria Falls Guided Tour
- Shearwater Sunset Cruise on the Zambezi River
- Transfer hotel to airport
- One-way economy class airfare from Victoria Falls Airport to Cape Town including all taxes and fees
- Transfer airport to hotel
- 1 night Cape Town accommodation at the Table Bay Hotel (or similar) with breakfast daily
- Transfer hotel to port
- 10-night voyage aboard Azamara Journey including all meals, entertainment and gratuities
- Complimentary onboard beverages including select standard spirits, international beers and wines, bottled water, soft drinks, specialty coffees and teas
- AzAmazing evening event
- Complimentary shuttle service to and from port communities where available
- Exclusive included shore excursions in Cape Town:
10 Dec 20 – Full-day Cape Peninsula tour
11 Dec 20 – Morning Cape Town city tour including Table Mountain & afternoon winelands tour with lunch & wine tasting at Val Du Charron
- Transfer from port to airport
Call 1300 766 537 or complete the form below to enquire
Icons of Africa
*Prices are advertised in Australian dollars and are per person based on twin share. Pricing is correct as of 20 November 2019 and is subject to change with currency fluctuation, surcharges, taxes and may vary depending on departure city. Offer is subject to limited availability. Advertised price is based on category 12 or 9 interior staterooms, category 8 oceanview staterooms (with obstructed view) and category V3 veranda staterooms held on allocation. Once this allocation is exhausted pricing may increase. Please note that Azamara Cruises reserves the right to withdraw staterooms held on allocation at any time. All discounts & savings are included in the advertised price. Return airfares are currently outside of system date range and cannot be confirmed until available. Pricing is subject to change and availability until ticketed. Airfares may require immediate payment and ticketing, please check payment terms with your consultant at time of booking. Main meals are included in select restaurants. Offer is valid for sale until 30 December 2019, unless sold out prior. Promotion may be changed or withdrawn without prior notice.