Icons of the Outback
23-26 April 2021 - 4 days
from $5,990* pp twin | $6,590* solo
Join our exclusive tour by private aircraft and journey through the skies to some of Australia’s most magnificent, remote and iconic outback highlights!
Escorted by Cruise Express Director, Hardy Schneider, this itinerary highlights Australia’s incredibly diverse outback and breathtaking rugged landscapes. You’re ensured the highest levels of service and comfort in the air and on the ground from the moment you leave home – a wondrous opportunity to embrace the soul, sounds and spirit of the Outback!
AIRCRAFT – Travel aboard the private ATR-72-600 aircraft with just 44 seats offering ultimate aerial viewing (2 x 2 seating). Ideal for outback sightseeing with wings positioned above the windows.
BROKEN HILL – this outback oasis will offer an enlightening and insightful visit. Australia’s first Heritage Listed city combines a long mining history with an evolving modern art culture.
SCENIC ‘FLIGHTSEEING’ – the best way to see some of our iconic landmarks is by air. View the enigmatic Marree Man and the ever changing landscapes of Australia’s largest salt lake, Kati Thanda (Lake Eyre). It is in nature’s hands whether Australia’s river basin will be in flood but it will offer amazing views, regardless. Enjoy magnificent and awe inspiring views of Uluru (Ayers Rock) and Kata Tjuta (the Olgas) on the ultimate flightseeing adventure.
COOBER PEDY – this unique Australian outback town is famous for its rich opal reserves and the ingenious underground house designs of the locals.
ULURU – flying in and out of Australia’s spiritual heart couldn’t be any easier or more breathtaking. Enjoy the Field of Light dinner, tour Kata Tjuta (the Olgas), meet the local Anangu peoples and be immersed in the history, culture and significance of this area.
LONGREACH – Australia’s ‘heart of the outback’ town is rich in character and wonderful local sights including the Qantas Founders Museum, a cultural display showing the airline’s beginnings.
departs 23 April 2021 - 4 days
- Private car transfers to/from Sydney Airport (offering door to door service)^
- Travel aboard a private ATR-72-600 aircraft with just 44 seats offering ultimate aerial viewing (2 x 2 seating)
- Onboard refreshments and beverages throughout the flights
- Broken Hill sightseeing and lunch including Line of Load Memorial, Big Picture Art Gallery and Sulphide Street Railway Museum
- Scenic flying over Marree Man, Kati Thanda (Lake Eyre), Uluru (Ayers Rock) and Kata Tjuta (the Olgas)
- 1 night Coober Pedy accommodation at the Desert Cave Hotel with dinner and breakfast (option to stay in an underground Cave room*)
- Coober Pedy sightseeing including the Umoona Mine Museum, Golf Course, Moon Planes, Dog Fence and the Serbian Underground Church
- 2 nights Ayers Rock accommodation at the Sails in the Desert with breakfast daily
- Field of Light dinner
- Morning Uluru base exploration with refreshments
- Walpa Gorge tour and walk
- Sundowners and an exclusive bush barbecue under the stars inside Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park
- Longreach sightseeing including the Qantas Founders Museum with lunch
- Expert local guides providing insightful commentary
- Group coach transfers
- Beer, wine and tea/coffee with all included dinners
- All taxes, fees & gratuities
- Services of an experienced Cruise Express Tour Director
from $5,990* pp twin share
from $6,590* solo
Your Tour Director
Born in Germany, Hardy began exploring the world aged 16 with early travels through Europe and Asia. He moved to Sydney in 1981 and soon decided to embrace his passion for travel. With over 30 years of experience in the Travel Industry Hardy became a founding Director of Cruise Express in 2001 and has escorted groups for more than two decades to all corners of the globe. With his happy, friendly and extremely competent manner, he has made many friends along the way.
Terms and Conditions
Please read carefully
Icons of the Outback
Book online or call 1300 766 537
* A non-refundable deposit of $1,000 per person is required at the time of booking. Final payment is due no later than 45 days prior to travel. HEALTH: Passengers should be in good health and able to walk moderate distances to fully participate and experience the sightseeing opportunities of this touring package. All passengers are required to acknowledge that they are in reasonable health, are considered to be fit to travel, and are not travelling contrary to any medical advice. Cruise Express reserves the right to remove a passenger from the tour if their health or fitness interferes with any other passenger’s experiences or the day to day running of the tour. In this instance our normal cancellation terms and conditions will apply. For the health and safety of all passengers and staff on tour any illness (such as fever, coughing or difficulty breathing) will not be accepted unless passengers can provide a negative Covid19 test result within the past 72 hours. Should any passenger feel unwell on arrival or while on tour, they must immediately advise the Tour Director and contact Healthline, then visit a medical practitioner/medical centre/hospital as soon as practicable. To return to the tour they must be deemed fit and well to participate fully, obtaining and providing a written medical clearance, not just a negative Covid19 test. Any costs incurred will be at the passenger's own expense. If the Australian Government imposes travel restrictions that impact our ability to deliver the travel package prior to commencing travel, passengers will receive a full credit, less any applicable cancellation fees. If travel restrictions are imposed while on tour, we will seek credits on any unused portions of the itinerary from all suppliers. Any applicable credits will first be applied to any additional costs that Cruise Express may have incurred on passengers' behalf (eg. if alternative accommodation or transportation to repatriate passengers to their home city or nearest airport, etc is required). Any remaining refunds will be credited to passengers. If a passenger tests positive for Covid19 directly prior to travel or while on tour and supporting documentation (eg. a positive Covid19 test) is provided, Cruise Express will seek credits on any unused portions of the itinerary from all suppliers. Any applicable credits will first be applied to any additional costs that Cruise Express may have incurred on the passenger's behalf (eg. if alternative accommodation or transportation to repatriate the passenger to their home city or nearest airport, etc is required). Any remaining refunds will be credited to the passenger. ^ Private Car transfers are from limited Sydney metropolitan areas. Transfers outside these areas may incur a surcharge. * Cave rooms at the Desert Cave Hotel in Coober Pedy are limited, subject to availability at the time of booking and will be allocated on a first in, first served basis. Flight schedule: Flight times are set by the air operator and may be subject to change pending circumstances and/or events outside our control. In some instances, the itinerary and sightseeing may be impacted due to these changes and Cruise Express reserves the right to amend any aspect of the itinerary at any time should it be deemed necessary.