Kimberley with National Geographic 2020
Departs 26 August 2020 - 14 days
Explore the Kimberley in 2020 with Ponant and National Geographic Expeditions. This new partnership brings together two enterprises with common values to inspire a new generation to live curiously, explore our planet sustainability.
Where to explore?
This unique itinerary promises to be an exceptional adventure to destinations simply not accessible in any other way. Set sail for the wild and grandiose landscapes of the Kimberley. From Broome to Darwin, embark aboard Le Lapérouse for a 14-day expedition cruise to one of the last unspoiled regions on the planet. Off the coast, in the Timor Sea, the Rowley Shoals, Browse Island and the Ashmore Reef nature reserve will reveal to you an extraordinary underwater life that abounds in beautiful coral reefs.
Lagoons, reefs and wildlife
You’ll admire the Montgomery Reef, home to vast expanses of lagoons and immense coral reefs. Similarly, you’ll discover the history of the country, back in the time of the explorers, during a historic stopover at Careening Bay. In one of the most picturesque parts of the region, the Hunter River, you will see wild mangrove forests where saltwater crocodiles live with many species of birds. A noteworthy highpoint of the expedition will undoubtedly be the discovery of the King George River and the majestic Twin Falls, the highest falls in Western Australia.
aboard Le Lapérouse
- 13-night expedition from Broome to Darwin in partnership with National Geographic Expeditions offering enrichment with a National Geographic photographer and an expert specialised in the destination onboard
- All onboard meals
- All onboard beverages including mini-bar
- A highly qualified expedition team of geologists, historians, cultural experts, marine biologists, naturalists and conservationists
- Join our highly qualified local expedition team
- Enjoy regular Zodiac® outings & shore visits to get close to Kimberley nature
- Discover billions of years-old landscapes and ancient rock art
- Listen to stories of the dreamtime from the oldest continuous culture on the planet
- Explore pristine mangrove environments
- Witness unique tidal phenomena such as the Horizontal Falls
- The possibility of swimming or snorkelling
- Transfer pre or post-expedition between airport and ship (or vice versa)
Call 1300 766 537 or complete the enquiry form below
Kimberley with National Geographic - Le Lapérouse
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Your deposit amount will vary by grade of accommodation and will be due within 72 hours of booking confirmation. Offer is not combinable with other promotions, is capacity-controlled, subject to availability and may be withdrawn or changed at any time without notice. All fares are subject to the terms and conditions set out by Cruise Express and its suppliers which may be obtained at the time of booking. Cruise Express reserves the right to correct any errors or omissions, and to cancel any product or service offered in the event of such error or omission. We strongly recommend you take out travel insurance at the time of paying your deposit. IMPORTANT NOTICE, a valid passport is required for boarding. Due to government restrictions all Ponant Kimberley voyages (Broome to Darwin & Darwin to Broome) are classed as international cruises, therefore, guests will be processed through customs and immigration on embarkation. Failure to have your passport at time of boarding will mean boarding is denied. This itinerary is given as an indication only. Based on tide times and weather conditions, the Captain and the Expedition Leader may need to switch the order of certain ports of call around to ensure guests have the best possible experience.