The Mighty Mississippi
New Orleans to Minneapolis - American Queen
Have you ever wondered what the United States looked like to its early explorers and pioneers? Travelling on the Mississippi and its tributaries, you will be transported back in time to an era of leisurely romantic travel. Storybook American towns and vibrant, bustling cities combine with the sweeping panoramas and deep blue lakes which inspired the works of Mark Twain. Authentic America is out there just waiting to be explored and after three fabulous weeks of historic discovery, you will be changed forever.
You’ll sail aboard the largest steamboat ever built, the American Queen. Although filled with today’s modern amenities, her rooms and accommodations display all the opulence of the American Victorian era. Glistening woodwork, fresh flowers and antiques adorn her interior spaces. Outside, lacy filigree evokes memories of the many stately riverboats that preceded her and so inspired her designers. Enjoy nightly entertainment aboard our riverboat in the Grand Saloon or the Captain’s Lounge or simply stroll up and down the decks admiring the views and scenery during your cruise.
In every port, a fascinating tour is included in your fare. There are several days where you will simply cruise the Mississippi allowing you to stop, relax and just watch the world go by! After three weeks cruising the length of the United States, you’ll have a further two nights exploring Minneapolis before flying home. This staggering itinerary is certainly one you will never forget!
Departs 23 June, 2019 - 25 nights
- Return Economy Class airfare from Sydney to New Orleans and from Minneapolis to Sydney including all taxes and fees
- Other departure cities available on request
- One night accommodation at the Hilton New Orleans Riverside (or similar)
- Coach transfer from hotel to port
- 21 night river cruise aboard American Queen including all meals, cappuccino, espresso, bottled water and soft drinks throughout your voyage
- Complimentary wine and beer with dinner
- Daily included shore excursions
- Post-cruise coach transfer/tour including:
- 2 nights accommodation at the Kelly Inn St. Cloud (or similar)
- Breakfast (2), Lunch (1), Dinner (1)
- Local Dinner at Anton’s Restaurant
- Coach tour from St. Cloud to Itasca State Park (Headwaters of the Mississippi River)
- Guided Boat Tour of Lake Itasca onboard the Chester Charles II
- Tour of Itasca State Park Narrated by a Park Ranger
- Lunch at the Historic Douglas Lodge
- Hotel to Airport Transfer
Call 1300 766 537 or complete the form below to enquire
The Mighty Mississippi
Your deposit will be due within three days of booking. Offer is not combinable with other promotions, is capacity-controlled, subject to availability and may be withdrawn or changed at any time without notice. All fares are subject to the terms and conditions as set out by Cruise Express and its suppliers which may be obtained at the time of booking. All fares and inclusions may be withdrawn at any time. Package fare is subject to currency fluctuation until the time of final payment. Cruise Express reserves the right to correct any errors or omissions, and to cancel any product or service offered in the event of such error or omission. We strongly recommend you take out travel insurance at the time of paying your deposit. Additional deposits may be required dependant on airfare ticketing restrictions. Airfares, once ticketed, may be non-refundable. Changes to airfare or package components may incur a fee for each change made.