Mudgee Food and Wine Weekend
12 November 2021 - 4 days
from $1,890* pp twin | $2,190* solo
Departing Sydney aboard the 1960s rail motor 621/721, you’ll enjoy the views all the way through the Blue Mountains to Wallerawang where your train heads right onto the former Gwabegar branch. This rarely transited line will take you through Capertee Valley, the second-largest canyon in the world (it’s one kilometre wider than the Grand Canyon!). Arriving at the pretty town of Rylstone situated on the edge of the World Heritage-listed Wollemi National Park, you’ll disembark and transfer by road for a fun-filled weekend in nearby Mudgee.
Situated on the banks of the Cudgegong River, the town has a rich pastoral history and a colonial gold rush era. On a guided walking tour you’ll discover the stunning heritage streetscapes and history of the town, with time to explore as you wish some of the museums and chic boutiques.
Winemaking in the region dates back to the 1850s, with the temperate climate allowing for the slow ripening of grapes creating intense flavours. We’ll visit some of Mudgee’s top wineries including Lowe Wines Pavilion for a spectacular gala dinner, the Robert Stein Winery with its unique motorcycle museum for a paddock to plate experience and Cellar by Gilbert where you’ll indulge in some top wines and local cheeses.
We’ll also spend a day in Gulgong, a colonial gold mining town that features around 130 heritage-listed buildings, including Australia’s oldest operating opera house.
Come with us on this unique weekend away.
Departs 12 November 2021 - 4 days
- Daylight service from Gosford, Sydney Terminal or Penrith to Rylstone and return aboard the heritage rail motor 621/721 including refreshments
- Lunch aboard your rail motor in both directions
- Welcome drinks & dinner function
- 3 nights Mudgee accommodation at the Parklands Resort with breakfast daily
- Platter lunch at Cellar By Gilbert with wine and cheese tastings
- Guided tour of Mudgee Honey Haven with honey tastings
- Exclusive Tour of the Prince of Wales Opera House at Gulgong
- Free time to explore the charming and historic town of Gulgong
- Exclusive ‘Gala’ dinner with wine at Lowe Family Estate – The Pavillion
- Guided walking tour of Mudgee with free time to explore as you wish
- Visit the Robert Stein Farm with entrance to the motor cycle museum and winery
- Farewell dinner and drinks at your hotel
- Group coach transfers, sightseeing and meals as indicated in itinerary
- Cruise Express Tour Managers