New Zealand Railway Adventure
28 February 2021 - 13 nights
from $5,490* pp twin | $6,990* solo
Escorted in New Zealand by Cruise Express Director, Hardy Schneider
Ready to get moving again?
Join Hardy for this New Zealand Railway Adventure!
New Zealand North and South Islands offer various superb train journeys, many of which we will include on this rail adventure. Traverse through the central North Island onboard the Northern Explorer. Journey on the world-renowned Tranz Alpine from Christchurch through the majestic Southern Alps to Greymouth on the West Coast.
Experience the Taieri Gorge Railway which features engineering wonders through the hinterlands of Dunedin. We also make stops at small private railways, perfect for all levels of train enthusiasts.
“I can’t wait to get moving again, come and join me for this 13-day celebration of New Zealand’s finest railways, sites and much more,” says Hardy.
Your Tour Director
Born in Germany, Hardy began exploring the world aged 16 with early travels through Europe and Asia. He moved to Sydney in 1981 and soon decided to embrace his passion for travel. Over the next 10 years, Hardy operated two travel agencies in Sydney’s Inner West. Hardy has escorted groups for more than 15 years now to all corners of the globe. With his happy, friendly and extremely competent manner, he has made many friends along the way.
Departs 28 February 2021 - 13 nights
- 1 night Auckland accommodation at the Grand Millennium Hotel (or similar) with dinner and breakfast
- Rail journey on the Kiwi Rail ‘Northern Explorer’ from Auckland to Wellington
- 2 nights Wellington accommodation at the Rydges Hotel (or similar) with dinner
- Daylight rail journey on the Wairarapa line to the Fell Locomotive Museum
- Travel through the 8.8km long Rimutaka Tunnel
- Visit the Silver Stream Railway
- Interislander ferry crossing from Wellington to Picton
- Rail journey on the narrow-gauge Riverside Railway from Brayshaw to Omaka
- Visit the Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre
- 1 night Blenheim accommodation at the Scenic Hotel Marlborough (or similar) with breakfast
- Rail journey on the Weka Pass Railway
- 2 nights Christchurch accommodation at the Distinction Hotel (or similar) with breakfast daily
- Half-day Christchurch sightseeing tour
- Rail journey on the ‘TranzAlpine’ from Christchurch to Arthurs Pass
- Visit Shantytown and ride on its historic steam train
- 1 night Fox Glacier accommodation at the Heartland Hotel (or similar) with breakfast
- Travel through Haast Pass and Kawarau Gorge to Arrowtown
- 2 nights Queenstown accommodation at the Copthorne Hotel & Resort Lakefront (or similar) with breakfast daily
- Cruise on Lake Wakatipu aboard the historic TSS Earnslaw
- Dinner at the Walter Peak High Country Farm
- Cruise on Milford Sound
- 1 night Te Anau accommodation at the Distinction Luxmore Hotel (or similar) with breakfast
- Rail journey on the Taieri Gorge Railway
- 1 night Dunedin accommodation at The Victoria Hotel (or similar) with breakfast
- Visit Oamaru and Whitestone City heritage area
- Rail journey on the Pleasant Point Railway
- Farewell dinner at the Christchurch Tramway Restaurant
- 1 night Christchurch accommodation at the Distinction Hotel (or similar) with breakfast
- Private Coach Charter in a modern air-conditioned coach with English speaking driver/guide
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- All tour admissions as per itinerary
Note: Flights to and from New Zealand are not included.
Flight options will be offered once available.
from: $5,490* pp twin
from: $6,990* solo
New Zealand Railway Adventure
Book online or call 1300 766 537
*A deposit of $500 pp is required at the time of reservation. Final payment is due no later than 50 days prior to travel. HEALTH: Passengers should be in good health and able to walk moderate distances to fully participate and experience the sightseeing opportunities within the enclosed package. All passengers are required to acknowledge that they are of reasonable health and are considered to be fit to travel, and are not travelling contrary to any medical advice. Leisuretime Travel reserves the right to remove a passenger from a tour if their health or fitness interferes with any other passenger’s experiences or the day to day running of the tour. In this instance our normal cancellation terms and conditions will apply. For the health and safety of all passengers and staff on tour any illness (such as fever, coughing or difficulty breathing) will not be accepted onboard the coach unless they can provide us with a negative Covid19 test result received within the past 72 hours. Should any passenger start to feel unwell on arrival or while on tour, they must immediately advise their tour manager and contact Healthline then visit a medical practitioner/medical centre/hospital. To return to the tour the passenger must be deemed fit and well to participate fully on a coach tour, obtaining and providing us with a written medical clearance i.e. not just a negative Covid19 test. Any costs incurred will be at the passengers own expense. If the New Zealand Government imposes travel restrictions that would impact our ability to deliver your travel package prior to commencing travel, passengers will receive a full credit, less any applicable airline cancellation fees. If travel restrictions are imposed while on tour, we will seek credits on any unused portions of the itinerary from all suppliers. Any applicable credits will first be applied to any additional costs that our company may have incurred on the passengers behalf e.g. if alternative accommodation or transportation to repatriate the passenger to their home city or nearest airport etc is required. Any remaining refunds will be credited to the booking agent to enable them to pass onto their passenger. If a passenger has been tested positive for Covid19 directly prior to travel or while on holiday with us, then with supporting documentation provided to us (a positive Covid19 test), we will seek credits on any unused portions of the itinerary from all suppliers. Any applicable credits will first be applied to any additional costs that our company may have incurred on the passengers behalf e.g. if alternative accommodation or transportation to repatriate the passenger to their home city or nearest airport etc is required. Any remaining refunds will be credited to the booking agent to enable them to pass onto their passenger.