Rail & Sail departing from Melbourne ESCORTED
This tour has now sold out however there are many more rail and rail & sail journeys for 2020 and beyond. Register your interest here.
from: $2,390* pp twin | $2,990* solo
Welcome to the Northern Explorer – our new seven-day adventure by sea and rail.
For the first time you will step aboard the newly refurbished Explorer Dream on her maiden season from Australia as part of this thrilling rail and sail journey.
Boarding at Station Pier in Melbourne you’ll head for Burnie in Northern Tasmania where you might take an optional excursion or simply wander this delightful little town.
A full day at sea allows relaxation to set in – what will it be? A cocktail by the pool? Lovely!
Soon you will be sailing up Sydney Harbour for the start of your two-day visit. There is generous time to explore as you wish – shop, take in a gallery or dine out. You’ll also enjoy a delightful private morning tea at the Tea Room in the iconic Queen Victoria Building.
On day six you board the 1962-built rail motor 621/721. This beautifully restored train retains all its original charm, with windows that open, better allowing you to connect with the passing countryside. After a stop in Junee for lunch you’ll overnight in the border town of Albury.
On the final day you’ll board the famed Spirit of Progress. This former express train includes the original 1937 compartment and parlor cars which will take you to Melbourne, and the end of your adventure.
All you’ll need to do is enjoy this remarkable adventure, make new friends and have fun.
Departs 13 February 2020 - 7 days
- 3-night voyage on Explorer Dream including all meals, entertainment and gratuities
- Welcome aboard function
- 2-nights Sydney accommodation at the Grace Hotel (or similar) with breakfast on the first morning
- Private morning tea at the Tea Room in the Queen Victoria Building
- Daylight service from Sydney Terminal to Albury aboard the heritage rail motor 621/721 including morning and afternoon tea, lunch and light refreshments
- 1-night Albury accommodation at the ATURA Hotel (or similar) with breakfast
- Farewell drinks in Albury
- Daylight service from Albury to Melbourne Southern Cross Station aboard the Spirit of Progress
- Group transfers in Sydney and Albury
- Meals as per itinerary
- Professional Cruise Express Tour Managers
Staterooms & Suites
from:$2,390* pp twin share – SOLD OUT
from: $2,990* solo – SOLD OUT
from: $2,590* pp twin share – SOLD OUT
from: $3,190* solo – SOLD OUT
from: $2,790* pp twin share – SOLD OUT
from: $3,890* solo – SOLD OUT
Stateroom images are representative of staterooms in that category and type. Some rooms in the same category may have different furniture configurations and/or facilities.