Northern Rivers Limited
From Brisbane - 27 October 2019 NEW!
Northern Rivers Limited. Our new fully escorted journey by heritage rail motor from Brisbane to Sydney and back by ship, is an exciting, spring escapade in October 2019, that you won’t find anywhere else.
At Roma Street Station you’ll board the rail motor ‘621/721’ for a relaxing, three-day journey south to Sydney. Entering service in 1962 in the Hunter Valley of NSW, the train features windows that open, better allowing you to take in the surrounding countryside as it rolls by. Enjoy friendly service by the onboard staff and relax knowing your Cruise Express tour managers will be there to look after all the little details.
The train will travel through spectacular countryside including the Border Ranges and over the Border Loop – where the line spirals around a mountain and back under itself into New South Wales. Stop for the night at Coffs Harbour where you’ll stay right on the beach and enjoy a welcome dinner with your fellow travellers. Further south there’s another night in Port Macquarie with plenty of time to explore.
Two-nights in Sydney provides plenty of time to explore from your historic centrally located hotel. You’ll sail the spectacular harbour aboard the historic 1879 built barque James Craig and have half a day to explore Sydney as you wish. Perhaps shop or visit friends. It’s up to you!
On day four you’ll board the Sea Princess for a three-night cruise back north to Brisbane. There’s a full day in Newcastle to explore before returning to the ship to enjoy the ship’s restaurants, dazzling shows and spacious lounges and bars before you arrive back in Brisbane.
Come with us on this remarkable adventure. All aboard!
Departs 27 October 2019 - 7 nights
- Daylight service from Brisbane Roma Street Station to Sydney Terminal over two days aboard the rail motor 621/721 including morning tea, lunch and light refreshments
- Coffs Harbour cultural experience and a visit to Sealy Lookout including afternoon tea with an Indigenous flavour
- Welcome dinner in Coffs Harbour
- 1 night Coffs Harbour accommodation at Aanuka Beach Resort (or similar) with breakfast
- Lunch at Cassegrain Winery
- 1 night Port Macquarie accommodation at the Rydges Hotel (or similar) with breakfast
- 2 nights Sydney accommodation at the Grace Hotel (or similar) with breakfast daily
- Morning Sydney Harbour cruise aboard the historic tall ship James Craig with refreshments
- 3 night voyage on Sea Princess including all meals, entertainment and gratuities
- Farewell function
- Group transfers in Coffs Harbour, Wauchope and Sydney
- Professional Cruise Express Tour Managers
from: $2,590* pp twin share
from: $3,590* solo
- Approx. 14.7 to 15 sq. m.
from: $2,790* pp twin share
from: $3,890* solo
- Approx. 13.5 to 19 sq. m.
from: $2,990* pp twin share
from: $4,090* solo
- Approx. 19.8 to 20 sq. m., including balcony
Stateroom images are representative of staterooms in that category and type. Some rooms in the same category may have different furniture configurations and/or facilities.
Call 1300 766 537 or complete the form below to enquire
The Northern Rivers Limited
Fares and inclusions are per person either twin-share or single in AUD. Fares are subject to availability and may change at any time. Should any part of this tour operated by train be unable to proceed, coaches may be substituted. This tour is subject to minimum group numbers being achieved. Ask your travel specialist for details. Cruise Express reserves the right to make changes to any details outlined without notice. You should be aware this journey uses heritage rail equipment that is without some modern conveniences but is all part of the experience. We are unable to accommodate mobility challenged guests. Please see above for full terms and conditions.