Northwest Passage 2019
L'Austral - LAST TWO CABINS
Embark L’Austral for a 22-night luxury expedition from Kangerlussuaq to Nome.
We are inviting you to set sail for the Far North, well beyond the Arctic Circle, to a legendary, highly coveted maritime route: the Northwest Passage, the only possible shipping route between the Atlantic and the Pacific. In summer, for a few short weeks, the temperature rises enough for the ice to melt. Life reappears, nature is reborn, the mythical route is finally free and you can breathe in the unique scent of great adventure.
During your expedition, you will first sail along the west coast of Greenland to discover charming Inuit villages and some of the largest icebergs in the Arctic. You will then sail across Baffin Bay to begin your unforgettable journey westward. On Beechey Island, retrace the steps of the Franklin expedition, before marvelling at the sublime canyon at Fury Beach. Next, admire the incredible wildlife at Fairway Rock, home to many marine mammals and sea birds. This is an exceptional crossing that promises thrills and unforgettable memories.
- Crossing the legendary Northwest Passage, in the wake of Explorers
- Outings and shore visits in Zodiac® inflatables with your naturalist guides
- Landscape: wide expanses of ice floe, myriad of jagged islands, blue glaciers, mountain ranges, tundra, steeped cliffs
- Wildlife: arctic foxes, seabird colonies, bowhead whales, orcas and opportunities to see polar bears
- Visit traditional villages and encounter the local people
- From Ilulissat: Helicopter flight over a glacier (optional)
Departs 24 August, 2019
- Private economy class charter flight from Paris to Kangerlussuaq
- Transfers in Kangerlussuaq and Nome
- 22 night expedition including all meals and select onboard beverages
- Experienced naturalists, lecturers and guides
- All shore tours including zodiac outings
- FREE Ponant Parka
- FREE polar boot rental
- Private economy class charter flight from Nome to Seattle
solo fares are double twin fares
from: $28,990* per person twin share
- 22 sq. m. including private balcony
- some cabins on deck 5 have a fixed double bed
Stateroom images are representative of staterooms in that category and type. Some rooms in the same category may have different furniture configurations and/or facilities.
Call 1300 766 537 or complete the enquiry form below
Northwest Passage 2019 - L'Austral
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Your deposit amount will vary by grade of accommodation and will be due within 72 hours of booking confirmation. Offer is not combinable with other promotions, is capacity-controlled, subject to availability and may be withdrawn or changed at any time without notice. All fares are subject to the terms and conditions set out by Cruise Express and its suppliers which may be obtained at the time of confirmation. All fares and inclusions may be withdrawn at any time. Cruise Express reserves the right to correct any errors or omissions, and to cancel any product or service offered in the event of such error or omission. We strongly recommend you take out travel insurance at the time of paying your deposit. ITINERARY is subject to ice and weather conditions. The expedition highlights and itineraries described above illustrate possible experiences only and cannot be guaranteed. L'Austral has a doctor on board and medical facilities. However, these cannot, under any circumstances, be compared to any medical structure on land. Given the remote areas in which you will be sailing for a number of days, safety requirements mean that Ponant are obliged to ask each passenger signing up for this program to provide, no more than 45 days before departure, a medical certificate from their GP, as well as the completed medical questionnaire received during registration.