20 May 2022 - 5 days
from $3,090* pp twin
There are few places in Australia where we can so beautifully showcase the food, wine and people of a region than the Riverina. There are also few better ways to take you there than a thrilling ride aboard a heritage steam hauled train. For the first time, 68 year old steam locomotive 5917 will haul a heritage train to Griffith for an exceptional weekend in this incredible area of regional New South Wales.
Everything about our tour is designed for you to meet the locals and drink, taste and experience just what makes the Riverina region special. From lunch at the historic Morundah Hotel to breakfast at Rosewood Park, the stunning garden of Mick and Marj Careri and delicious cuisine by Zecca Handmade Italian in Griffith where the authentic recipes are generations old.
Visit the fascinating Aquna Sustainable Murray Cod farm where pond-raised fish are grown for both the plate and re-stocking river systems. Taste locally produced wine at Calabria Wines and experience local Wiradjuri history and art at Narrandera.
This is an extraordinary tour – come with us and find out why.
Departs 20 May 2022 - 5 days
- Daylight heritage steam-hauled service aboard the Riverina Express from Sydney to Griffith and return^
- Lunch at Harden Station by Planted Cafe
- 3 nights Griffith accommodation at The GEM Hotel (or similar) with breakfast on two mornings
- Exclusive breakfast at Rosewood Park on Stokes hosted by Mick & Marj Careri
- Sightseeing tour of Griffith including Scenic Hill
- Safari and tastings at Catania Fruit Salad Farm
- Exclusive lunch at Yenda Hall by Zecca Handmade Italian
- Wine tasting at Calabria Wines
- Tour of the Aquna Sustainable Murray Cod Farm
- Olive oil and table olive tastings at Yarrow Park, Coleambally
- Wiradjuri bush walk and gallery visit at Sandhills Artefacts at Narrandera
- Lunch at the historic Morundah Hotel
- Visit and tour of Rocking Horse Restorations at Murrami
- Exclusive dinner at Whitton Malt House with beverages
- Onboard tastings and sales by the Coolamon Cheese Factory
- Lunch at the Junee Railway Café
- 1 night Goulburn accommodation at the Mercure Goulburn or Bakery Motel (or similar) with dinner and breakfast
- Lunch at the Robertson Public House with beverages
- Rare stop at Summit Tank lookout˜
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Group coach transfers throughout
- Cruise Express Tour Managers
^Diesel locomotives will be used from Sydney Terminal to Goulburn. ˜Subject to operational conditions on the day of operation.
from: $3,090* pp double or twin
from: $3,590* solo – on request
‘S’ type non air-conditioned cars with up to 4 passengers per compartment. All cars are heated.
Redeem your $25pp Discover NSW vouchers on this tour
Terms and conditions apply – use by 30 June 2022
Brochure & Itinerary
View and download
Find the answers here
Terms & Conditions