Russia & the Lights of Norway
departs 13 February 2021 - 20 nights EXCLUSIVE
from $9,990* pp twin | $13,390* solo
Your epic journey starts in St. Petersburg – often called the Venice of the North where you’ll visit the Hermitage and see just a small portion of the enormous collection on display in 360 rooms. Explore the Shuvalovsky Palace, which is home to the world’s largest collection of pieces manufactured by the jeweller Peter Carl Fabergé, including nine imperial Easter eggs. Then it’s off to the Catherines Palace with its world-famous Amber Room.
Travelling north by fast train you arrive in Petrozavodsk set on the vast Lake Onega. This is your base for a tour to Kizhi Island. This enchanting green sliver is home to the magnificent Transfiguration Church, Russia’s most iconic wooden landmark.
You will travel by overnight train to central Kola’s second-biggest town, Apatity. Overnight trains are enjoyed by both locals and tourists in Russia allowing you to see more of the country in comfort whilst mingling with other guests. From here you’ll visit the impossibly remote and stunning Glacier Valley and the Khibiny Mountains. Journey on to the world’s biggest Arctic city – Murmansk, with its stolid Soviet-era architecture and incomparable Arctic scenery.
A mere 15km from the border with Russia you’ll arrive in the frontier town of Kirkenes. Here you’ll find street signs in Norwegian or Cyrillic script and you’ll hear Russian spoken by visitors and fishermen. There’s even an opportunity to visit the remarkably friendly reindeer. From Kirkenes, you’ll sail around the legendary North Cape all the way to Bergen. Over six days you’ll see a procession of incredible Norwegian landscapes including fjords, mountains, waterfalls and glaciers all combined with visits to historic cities and cozy coastal towns.
After a night in Bergen, you’ll head inland for a ride aboard the famous Flåm Railway and a cruise on Nærøyfjord where the surrounding mountains reach heights of 1,660 metres. Your journey will end in Oslo after a full day exploring this magical city.
Departs 13 February 2021 - 20 nights
- Return economy-class airfare from Australia to St. Petersburg and from Oslo including all taxes and fees
- 3 nights St. Petersburg accommodation at the Akyan Hotel (or similar) including welcome dinner and breakfast daily
- High speed rail travel from St. Petersburg to Petrozavodsk
- 1 night Petrozavodsk accommodation at the Frigate Hotel (or similar) with breakfast
- Overnight rail travel from Petrozavodsk to Apatity
- 1 night Apatity accommodation at the Tirvas Health Hotel (or similar) with breakfast
- 2 nights Murmansk accommodation at the Azimut Hotel (or similar) with breakfast daily
- 1 night Kirkenes accommodation at the SnowHotel – Gamme Cabin with breakfast
- 5 night voyage on ms Nordnorge including all onboard meals
- 1 night Bergen accommodation at the Clarion Admiral Hotel (or similar) with breakfast
- 1 night Flåm accommodation at the Flamsbrygga Hotel (or similar) with breakfast
- 2 nights Oslo accommodation at the Thon Opera Hotel (or similar) with breakfast daily
- Meals as specified in the itinerary
- Extensive guided land touring throughout including transport and entrance to attractions
- Train travel and coach transfers as detailed in itinerary
- Cruise Express Tour Manager^ and Local English speaking guide
from $9,990* pp twin
from $13,390* solo
These comfortable outside cabins for up to two people on the lower decks have separate beds, one of which converts into a sofa. The cabins have portholes, some with limited or no view. Cat L
from $10,490* pp twin
from $13,890* solo
These standard outside cabins for up to two people on the middle decks have two single beds, one chair and desk and a hairdryer. Cat. N & O
from $10,990* pp twin
from $14,490* solo
These comfortable, refurbished outside cabins for up to two people on the upper or middle decks have a double bed, TV, one chair and small desk, and coffee and tea facilities. Cat. P & U
from $11,490* pp twin
from $14,990* solo
Call 1300 766 537 or complete the form below to enquire
Russia and the Lights of Norway
Fares are cruise only, per stateroom, in AUD, in complete twin or single cabins as specified, based on lead categories (unless stated otherwise). Some Outside Staterooms may have an obstructed view. Supplements apply for other cabin categories, please contact Cruise Express for details. Subject to limited availability. Conditions apply. Valid for new bookings only, not combinable with any other offer. Fares may be withdrawn or varied, Cruise Express reserves the right to do so at any time. To be read in conjunction with the Booking Conditions Terms and Conditions available from Cruise Express which passengers will be bound by. A link to these terms and conditions is provided on this web page. Whilst all information is correct at the time of publication, offers are subject to change or withdrawal. ^Subject to minimum group numbers being achieved.