Exclusive Heritage Rail & Sail from Sydney NEW!
from: $2,990* pp twin | $3,390* solo
Welcome to the Southern Aurora – our new eight-day adventure by sea and rail.
For the first time, you will step aboard the newly refurbished Explorer Dream on her maiden season from Australia as part of this thrilling rail and sail journey.
Boarding at White Bay Terminal in Sydney a full day at sea allows relaxation to set in – what will it be? A cocktail by the pool? Lovely!
You’ll head for Port Arthur in Tasmania, where you have the chance to explore this former penal settlement and now a fascinating open-air museum. Hobart beckons with the famous Salamanca Markets under the shadow of Mount Wellington.
Soon you will be sailing up Port Phillip Bay and into Melbourne for the start of your two-day visit. There is generous time to explore as you wish – shop, take in a gallery or dine out. You’ll also enjoy a private dinner at your hotel.
On day seven you board the famed ‘Spirit of Progress’. This former express train ran from 1937 to 1986 and includes original 1937 compartment and parlor cars which will take you to the border town of Albury for the night where we will enjoy farewell drinks.
The excitement will build as the one and only ‘Southern Aurora’ awaits you at Albury. This former all first-class overnight express train includes all the original compartment sleeping, lounge and dining cars. All passengers will enjoy their own private compartments with both twinettes and roomettes enjoying their own private facilities. Relax and unwind as the countryside rolls by, or join friends in one of the convivial lounge cars for a drink or snack.
All you’ll need to do is enjoy this remarkable adventure, make new friends and have fun.
Departs 9 February 2020 - 8 days
- 4-night voyage on Explorer Dream including all meals, entertainment and gratuities – visiting Port Arthur and Hobart
- Welcome aboard function
- 2-nights Melbourne accommodation at the Batman’s Hill on Collins Hotel (or similar) with breakfast daily
- Private dinner at our hotel
- Full-day at leisure in Melbourne to explore as you wish
- Daylight service from Melbourne’s Southern Cross to Albury aboard the ‘Spirit of Progress’ including light refreshments
- 1-night Albury accommodation at the ATURA Hotel (or similar) with breakfast
- Farewell drinks at our hotel in Albury
- Daylight service from Albury to Sydney Terminal aboard the ‘Southern Aurora’
- Lunch at the Railway Station Café in Junee
- Group transfers in Melbourne and Albury
- Meals as per itinerary
- Professional Cruise Express Tour Managers
from: $2,990* pp twin share
from: $3,390* solo – limit of 10 guests
from: $3,190* pp twin share
from: $3,690* solo – limit of 10 guests
from: $3,590* pp twin share
from: $4,590* solo – limit of 10 guests
Stateroom images are representative of staterooms in that category and type. Some rooms in the same category may have different furniture configurations and/or facilities.
Southern Aurora compartments
Private compartment with comfortable seats for day-time travel with private toilet and wash basin. Spacious wardrobe, full-length mirror, vanity bar, power plug, individual reading lights and adjustable venetian blind.
Private compartment with single seat for day-time travel. Private toilet and wash basin. Spacious wardrobe, full length mirror, vanity bar, power plug, adjustable venetian blind. A toilet is also available at the end of the carriage.
Limited to 10 guests.