Southern Branch Lines
31 March 2022 - 6 days SOLD OUT!
from $2,490* pp twin
For most of the 20th Century, NSW was served by a vast network of railways that provided a connection for remote and smaller communities. These lines survived until the advent of better roads and automobiles. Today much of this rail network has long since disappeared, however, a few lines remain that are rarely visited by passenger trains.
Journey with us aboard heritage railmotor 621/721. Built in 1961 we will discover townships such as Boree Creek, the birthplace of well-known politician Tim Fischer. Venture from Griffith to Hillston on the banks of the Lachlan River for lunch and stop at Merriwagga to visit the tallest bar in the Southern Hemisphere.
In Griffith we’ll visit some of our favourite destinations such as the glorious garden of Mick and Marj Careri, dinner at Zecca Handmade Italian Piccolo Family Farm for a fabulous lunch by award winning chef Luke Piccolo.
We’ll stop in at Rankins Springs at the end of its now unused branch line to visit local character Wally Lamont and his unique junk sculpture gallery. Board the railmotor at Naradhan (population 166) and travel the entire branch to Ungarie where we’ll reverse and travel to Lake Cargelligo for lunch.
We invite you on a tour of the wide-open countryside, characters, country pubs and fascinating history.
Departs 31 March 2022 - 6 days
• Daylight service aboard your heritage railmotor 621/721 including onboard refreshments
• Lunch at the Junee Railway Café
• 1 night Albury accommodation at the Atura Hotel with welcome drinks and breakfast
• Exclusive themed lunch at Boree Creek
• 3 nights Griffith accommodation at the Gem Hotel with two breakfasts
• Breakfast at Rosewood Park on Stokes with Mick & Marj Careri
• Town tour of Hillston with lunch at the Ex-Servicemen’s Club
• Afternoon drinks at the Black Stump Hotel Merriwagga
• Exclusive dinner at Zecca Handmade Italian
• Griffith sightseeing tour and visit to the Pioneer Park Museum with morning tea
• Exclusive visit to Piccolo Family Farm with lunch by award-winning chef Luke Piccolo
• Visit Wally’s Junk Art Gallery at Rankins Springs with morning tea
• Town walk at Lake Cargelligo with lunch at the Commercial Hotel
• Dinner at the Temora Aviation Museum
• 1 night Cootamundra accommodation at local motels
• Meals as indicated in the itinerary
• Group coach transfers throughout
• Cruise Express Tour Managers
31 March 2022 - 6 days
from $2,490* pp twin – SOLD OUT
from $2,990* solo – SOLD OUT
Brochure & Itinerary
View and download
Redeem your $25pp Discover NSW vouchers on this tour
Terms and conditions apply – use by 30 June 2022
Find the answers here
Terms & Conditions
BOOK ONLINE or call 1300 766 537
Southern Branch Lines
This tour is subject to minimum passengers numbers being achieved and will operate under the prevailing Government rules / guidelines / laws at the time of operation. For full terms and conditions please click on the link above.