Springtime in Japan
featuring Tokyo and Kyoto
Few cultures are as rich and colourful as Japan’s and on our exclusive, hosted cruise tour, you’ll experience the wondrous and iconic sights, sounds and aromas that make the Land of the Rising Sun one of the most rewarding and fulfilling destinations.
By land and sea, you’ll see sumo wrestlers train, learn how to make sushi, wear traditional kimonos, visit ornate, spring-time gardens and imperial palaces, join the shopping frenzy of Ginza, ride two Bullet Trains, meet authentic Geisha, take part in a traditional tea ceremony in a temple and stay at a traditional ryokan inn with matted floors and open-air hot springs that overlook Mt Fuji – the country’s spiritual symbol.
Our tour begins with a 6-night overland tour taking in neon-lit Tokyo – one of the world’s biggest and most technologically advanced cities, majestic Mt Fuji and the ancient, cultural capital of Kyoto with its dazzling 1600 shrines and temples. Our exploration of Japan then takes to the sea for 7 nights aboard the Japanese-built Diamond Princess. Our voyage circling the main island of Honshu will take us to the floral gardens and temples of Sakaiminato, the lush pine groves and sparkling lakes of Tsuruga, the Samurai culture and virgin beech forests of Akita and to the South Korean city of Busan where drinking tea is treated as a form of calming meditation.
You’ll be hosted by Cruise Express the whole way with all the details of this luxurious tour looked after. Record numbers of Australians are now enjoying the wondrous allure of Japan and its gentle and proud people. We invite you to share the magic of Japan with us in the northern Spring of 2018.
EARYBIRD OFFER – BOOK by 13 October, 2017
Complimentary upgrade from Inside to Obstructed Oceanview
Departs 6 April 2018 - 15 nights
- Return Economy class airfares including taxes from Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane. Connections from other cities may be available on request
- 6 night overland tour of Japan including deluxe accommodation, extensive sightseeing, 14 meals and travel on Japan’s famous Bullet Trains
- 7 night cruise on Diamond Princess including gratuities, port charges, entertainment and meals onboard
- Welcome aboard function
- Group transfers throughout
- Services of a professional Cruise Express Tour Manager
- Services of a Japanese National Guide
- Cruise Express souvenir backpack, cap or visor and lanyard
Package is subject to minimum group numbers being achieved.
Staterooms & Suites
Inside Stateroom – FREE upgrade to Obstructed Oceanview^
$7,990* pp twin share
$9,990* sole occupancy
Obstructed Oceanview – FREE upgrade from Inside^
- from: $7,990* pp twin share
- from: $9,990* sole occupancy
- from: $8,490* pp twin share – WAITLIST
- from: $10,990* sole occupancy – WAITLIST
- from: $9,490* pp twin share
- from: $12,990* sole occupancy
- from: $10,490* pp twin share
- from: $13,990* sole occupancy
Stateroom images are representative of staterooms in that category and type. Some rooms in the same category may have different furniture configurations and/or facilities.