Taste Riverina Food & Wine Adventure
7 October 2022 - 4 days WAITLIST
from $2,090* pp twin | $2,390* solo
Every year in early October we head to the Riverina with a group of passengers by heritage rail motor, and every year those passengers return having been blown away by the experience. In this, our fifth year, we return again to this incredible area of regional New South Wales.
Everything about our tour is designed for you to meet the local people and producers and drink, taste and experience just what makes the Riverina region special. From lunch at the historic Cootamundra West Station to stunning Rosewood Park, the garden home of Mick and Marj Careri, and the delicious cuisine at Zecca Handmade Italian in Griffith where the restaurant’s authentic recipes are generations old.
Other gems to discover are the Pine Nut Farm at Combaning and lunch with the Furners on their Prune Farm – hold the jokes and the pre-conceptions! We’ll even tour a working Cotton Gin that produces cotton (not gin)!
Our visit is as unhurried as the long lunch in Peter Piccolo’s backyard where three generations will welcome us like family for a pasta making demonstration and lunch prepared by son Luke who just happens to be a local multi award winning chef.
This is an extraordinary tour – come with us and find out why.
Departs 7 October 2022 - 4 days
- Daylight service from Sydney Terminal to Griffith and return aboard heritage rail motor 621/721 including refreshments
- Lunch at the historic Cootamundra West Railway Station
- Afternoon Tea at the Ariah Park Hotel with a short guided town walking tour
- 3 nights Griffith accommodation at The Gem Hotel (or similar) with two breakfasts
- Dinner at Zecca Handmade Italian with matched wines
- Sightseeing tour of Griffith including Scenic Hill
- Exclusive tour of the Naturally Dried Prunes Farm at Yenda with lunch by The Hungry Fox Co.
- Exclusive Riverina Showcase Gala dinner at the Yenda Memorial Hall with food inspired by local produce accompanied by local wines and live entertainment
- Breakfast in the garden at Rosewood Park on Stokes with Mick & Marj Careri
- Wine tasting with the winemaker at De Bortoli Wines
- Exclusive lunch at Piccolo Farm with pasta making demonstration and lunch by award winning chef Luke Piccolo
- Visit the Trees of Tranquility Pine Nut Farm at Combaning with lunch
- Group coach transfers throughout
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Cruise Express Tour Managers
Brochure & Itinerary
View and download
Find the answers here
Terms & Conditions