Taste Riverina Food & Wine Adventure
11 October 2019 - 4 days
Welcome to the Taste Riverina Food & Wine Adventure 2019 – our unique and exclusive heritage rail journey to the beautiful Riverina region of NSW.
Over four days of exploration you’ll meet the local farmers and producers, go behind the scenes, get exclusive access and best of all your taste buds will be treated to a fascinating, indulgent and fun gourmet journey.
Our escapade begins with our privately chartered trip by heritage rail motor 621/721 from Sydney to Griffith. With windows that open you’ll feel a greater connection with the ever changing countryside as it passes. This is also the perfect time of year to see the miles and miles of canola fields in bloom.
Amongst the wide plains of the Riverina, a procession of family farms, orange groves, wineries and gourmet restaurants follow – all embodying the passion for food and wine that waves of Italian migrants brought to the area. You’ll visit household names like McWilliams and De Bortoli wines and also experience the delights of lunch at Piccolo Farm where four generations will welcome you (their son Luke just happens to be one of Australia’s finest chefs!)
Best of all – everything you will experience is bespoke, unique and exclusive. You won’t be part of a crowd or part of just another run-of-the-mill coach tour. Nothing on this tour is available elsewhere.
This enriching rail adventure is fully escorted and carefully curated in conjunction with local suppliers and the Taste Riverina Festival. So join us for four days of fun, laughter and great taste. YUM!
Departs 11 October 2019 - 4 days
- Heritage rail journey from Sydney to Griffith and return aboard the 621/721 Rail Motor, with complimentary tea / coffee served throughout your journey
- Lunch at the Junee Railway Station Café
- Afternoon tea at Narrandera by the Soroptomist Club
- 3 nights Griffith accommodation at the Grand Motel or Quest (or similar)
- Tour of Griffith including Scenic Hill
- Exclusive visit to Randall Organic Rice farm with lunch by Hungry Fox Bistro
- Exclusive Tastes of Leeton presentation and tastings
- Exclusive visit to Southern Cotton Gin at Whitton with tour
- Exclusive dinner event hosted by McWilliams Hanwood Estate Winery with presentation by lead winemaker
- Exclusive morning tea at Rosewood Park on Stokes
- Exclusive wine tasting with the winemaker at De Bortoli Wines
- Exclusive visit to Piccolo Farm with orange grove tour, pasta making demonstration and lunch by Luke Piccolo
- Exclusive dinner and wine pairing event at Zecca Handmade Italian
- Exclusive lunch at Koorambi Winez at Temora with lunch by Mimosa Valley Lamb
- Group coach travel, sightseeing and meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Professional Cruise Express Tour Managers.
The Real Juice Citrus Sculptures
On the Saturday morning of your tour over 800 locals will turn out from 7am to help put together unique orange sculptures in the main street – Banna Avenue. Interested guests are welcome to go along and help too. The event is just minutes walk from both motels – all you need us closed-toe shoes. A BBQ breakfast will be provided to all helpers. This is a great morning with lots of community spirit, and it’s a unique way to be involved. This activity is un-hosted – all you need to do is turn up!
Skylight or Window Room – Grand Motel
- from: $1,990* pp twin
- from: $2,190* solo
Suite – Grand Motel
- from: $2,190* pp twin – Sold Out
- from: $2,490* solo – Sold Out
Studio Room – Quest Griffith
- from: $2,090* pp twin
- from: $2,390* solo
1 bedroom Apartment – Quest Griffith
- from: $2,290* pp twin
- from: $2,590* solo
Stateroom images are representative of staterooms in that category and type. Some rooms in the same category may have different furniture configurations and/or facilities.
To enquire call 1300 766 537 or complete the form below
Long Weekend Rail Adventure 2019
Call 1300 766 537 or complete this form.