Taste Riverina Food & Wine Adventure
9 October 2020 - 4 days SOLD OUT
from $1,990* pp twin | $2,190* solo
Welcome to our Taste Riverina Food & Wine Adventure – 2020. You will depart Sydney aboard a gleaming 1960s rail motor and enjoy a gourmet breakfast whilst you wind your way through the Southern Highlands. You are on your way to one of the most remarkable weekends you’ll ever have.
Amongst the wide plains surrounding Griffith, you’ll visit a procession of family farms, orange groves, wineries and gourmet restaurants – all embodying the passion for authentic and superlative locally produced food and wine that waves of Italian migrants brought to the area.
You’ll visit household names including Calabria and De Bortoli and meet the people who make the wines. Experience the sheer delight of lunch at Piccolo Farm where four generations of Piccolo’s will welcome you (their son Luke just happens to be one of Australia’s finest chefs!)
Best of all – everything you will experience is bespoke, unique and exclusive. You won’t be part of a crowd or part of just another run-of-the-mill coach tour. Nothing on this tour is available elsewhere.
Exceptional, fun, and delicious – join us.
Departs 9 October 2020 - 4 days
- Heritage rail journey from Sydney to Griffith and return aboard rail motor 621/721, with complimentary tea, coffee and water served throughout your journey
- Lunch stop at the historic Cootamundra West Railway Station
- Exclusive afternoon tea at Ariah Park Hotel with a short town tour
- Exclusive wine-paired dinner at Zecca Handmade Italian hosted by owners Daniel, Ben and Michaela
- 3 nights Griffith accommodation at the Grand Motel or Quest (or similar)
- Sightseeing tour of Griffith including Scenic Hill
- Exclusive private lunch at Randall Organic Rice Farm with farm tour by Peter Randall
- Exclusive visit and tour of Southern Cotton Gin at Whitton
- Exclusive private breakfast in the garden at Rosewood Park on Stokes hosted by the owners Mick and Marj Carreri
- Exclusive hosted dinner event at a local winery with a presentation by the lead winemaker Julie Mortlock
- Exclusive wine tastings with the winemaker at De Bortoli Wines
- Exclusive visit to Piccolo Farm with orange grove tour, pasta making demonstration and lunch by chef Luke Piccolo, hosted by Peter Piccolo and family
- Visit to the Temora Aviation Museum with lunch
- Group coach travel, sightseeing and meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Cruise Express Tour Managers
Standard Room – Grand Motel
- from: $1,990* pp twin SOLD OUT
- from: $2,190* solo SOLD OUT
Suite – Grand Motel
- from: $2,090* pp twin SOLD OUT
- from: $2,390* solo SOLD OUT
Studio Room – Quest Griffith
- from: $2,190* pp twin SOLD OUT
- from: $2,490* solo SOLD OUT
1 bedroom Apartment – Quest Griffith
- from: $2,290* pp twin SOLD OUT
- from: $2,590* solo SOLD OUT
Stateroom images are representative of staterooms in that category and type. Some rooms in the same category may have different furniture configurations and/or facilities.
The Real Juice Citrus Sculptures
Optional non-hosted activity
On the Sunday morning of your tour, over 800 locals will turn out from 7am to help create a series of unique orange sculptures in Banna Avenue, the main street. Interested visitors are welcome to go along for an hour or so and help too. This event is just minutes walk from both motels – all you need to do is turn up, wearing closed-toe shoes.
To enquire call 1300 766 537 or complete the form below
Taste Riverina Food & Wine Adventure 2020
Full Terms & Conditions are found by clicking on the link above.