In conjunction with airport and airline regulations, the following measures will be in place:
- For the peace of mind of all passengers, everyone will be required to complete a Health and Safety declaration form. In addition, a contactless temperature test will be conducted on all passengers prior to embarkation. Those people with a fever (38°C or higher) will be denied boarding and will receive a credit for a future Southern Lights Flight or Antarctica Flight.
- To reduce congestion on board, not all seats in Economy class will be sold allowing more space for passengers.
- Each passenger will receive a personal Qantas pack for the flight including: disposable mask, hand sanitiser and disinfectant wipes.
- Qantas have strict cleaning protocols. There is enhanced cleaning of the aircraft with a disinfectant effective against coronaviruses including during the seat swap process, with a focus on high contact areas – seats, seatbelts, overhead lockers, air vents and toilets. The air conditioning systems of all Qantas aircraft are fitted with hospital-grade HEPA filters, which remove 99.9% of all particles including viruses. Air inside the cabin is refreshed every few minutes, ensuring the highest possible quality of cabin air.
- Additional hand sanitiser will be available on board throughout the duration of the flight.
- Depending on COVID transmission rates in your state at the date of departure and the latest medical advice at the time, there may be additional measures implemented closer to departure.