Mediterranean to the Matterhorn
Spain, the French Riviera, Mediterranean & Switzerland
Mediterranean to the Matterhorn – Let us take you on a spectacle-filled journey along the richly storied coasts of the Mediterranean and all the way across the majestic Swiss Alps to one of nature’s crowning creations, the mighty Matterhorn. After feasting on tapas in Spain and admiring Gaudi’s multi-spired basilica in Barcelona, you’ll board your floating resort, Celebrity Constellation, for a voyage to the glamorous French Riviera, the jewelled shores of Monaco, the eternal city of Rome and along the stunning Dalmatian coast in the Adriatic before being swept away by the breathless enchantment that is Venice.
Your adventure then takes you inland to Verona – the legendary home of Romeo and Juliet – where you’ll experience the spine-tingling magic of an open-air opera in a grand amphitheatre built in the first century. Then it’s time to live it on the shores of dazzling Lake Maggiore with it’s palace islands before setting off the explore Switzerland’s spectacular Valais region.
Board the famous Bernina and Glacier Express trains which will take you high into the alps. Small villages and low stone houses perch on the side of impossibly angled meadows that rise to the peaks above. You’ll arrive in the picture-perfect village of Zermatt, nestled next to the snow-capped peak of the mighty Matterhorn. You’ll also have time to explore this beautiful car-free town on your own – perhaps try some Fendant – an excellent local crisp white wine with some local cheese.
Last stop is the cosmopolitan city of Zurich where swans glide gracefully on the lake. Quench your thirst for adventure and experience the highs of this remarkable journey yourself in 2019. Naturally we’ve taken care of everything – all you need to do is relax and be prepared for once incredible experience after the other.
Departs 16 June 2019 - 20 nights
- Return economy class airfares from Sydney to Barcelona and from Zurich. Connections from other cities available on request
- 2 nights Barcelona accommodation with breakfast daily
- Half day Barcelona sightseeing tour
- Tapas dinner and walking tour of Barcelona
- 9 night cruise on Celebrity Constellation including gratuities, port charges, entertainment and main meals onboard
- Half day sightseeing tour of Venice
- 1 night Verona accommodation with breakfast
- Evening opera performance in Verona
- 2 nights Stresa accommodation with breakfast daily
- Full day Lake Maggiore tour and cruise
- Rail travel aboard the Bernina Express
- 1 night St. Moritz accommodation with breakfast
- Rail travel aboard the Glacier Express including lunch
- 2 nights Zermatt accommodation with breakfast daily
- Half day tour to the Matterhorn Glacier Paradise
- Rail travel from Zermatt to Tasch
- Half day Zurich city sightseeing tour
- 1 night Zurich accommodation with breakfast
- Transfers throughout
- Cruise Express souvenir backpack, cap or visor and lanyard
- Cruise Express Tour Manager
- from: $10,990* pp twin share
- from: $14,490* solo
- from: $11,990* pp twin share
- from: $15,990* solo
- from: $12,990* pp twin share
- from: $18,590* solo
- from: $13,490* pp twin share
- from: $19,490* solo
Stateroom images are representative of staterooms in that category and type. Some rooms in the same category may have different furniture configurations and/or facilities.